Thursday, January 10, 2008

Creation Museum visit 12-27-08

When we were visiting my parents in OH over Christmas, we had the opportunity to go to the Creation Museum in the Cincinnati/ northern KY area. It opened in May of 2007 and has had great success. I actually went with the kids and Mom in June when we were visiting but this was Josh's first time. It is really neat. It really opened my eyes. I have always believed that the Bible is true, including Genesis. I have never even considered doubting it, so I am not one that needs convincing. That is just who I am. The museum opened my eyes in a different way. It showed me how much scientific evidence there is to back up what the Bible says and that is really cool. It also has opened my eyes to how much opposition there is to the Bible and how controversial it is when evidence to support the Bible is discovered. Very interesting stuff. The museum is run by a group called Answers in Genesis. They have a magazine that we subscribe to called Answers. It is really neat and every issue has a pull out section for kids. Samuel loves it. These first three pictures are from the Garden of Eden section of the museum, complete with Adam and Eve themselves! It is just a walk through replica of what the Garden could have been like. It is really beautiful and I'm sure doesn't even compare to what the real thing must have been like, but it has been my favorite part of the museum both times. If you look up in the top right of the Adam and Eve picture you can see that pesky old serpent.... If you ever get a chance you should definitely go to this place.





This is Samuel standing inside a true size replica of the Ark. (yes, Noah's). Of course it was only a portion, but really neat to see.


This was in an area called Dinosaur Den. It was full of you guessed it, dinosaurs! Samuel was so excited when we went through this part that he had to sit down and take some notes in the notebook he brought. He was extremely impressed. It was very cute.


Samuel and Josh being scared by a dinosaur!


This was in the kids area. They had stuff for the kids to play with and a story time.

I should also mention that we went to the planetarium presentation this time. It was a little overwhelming. When they announced at the beginning of the film "If you begin to feel dizzy or nauseated please place your feet on the ground. If it continues you may exit the theater"... Dad and I were both like 'oh boy, here we go...!' (We both have a tendency to be affected by things like that, oh, and other things too...) Anyway, we both made it fine, although we did have to close our eyes a few times. Back to the presentation... it was unbelievable how our solar system is just a small little speck in the entire universe. I couldn't even grasp the expanse of it. It is amazing. Definitely go if you get the chance.





No comments: